Did you know that the most common complaint patients have when it comes to aging is the appearance of their eyes?
This is in part because the skin around the eyes is 10 times thinner than the rest of the face making any damage easily noticeable. These changes can cause a big difference in how we see ourselves and can make us look older than we actually are. The good news is that minor changes and improvements can help us look more awake and refreshed.
In this article we will address common eye concerns and offer solutions to help create a more youthful and rested appearance.
Crow’s feet (Wrinkles in the outer corner)
Smiling, squinting and unprotected sun exposure can cause fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes. Fortunately, there are some very effective treatment options.
- Topical Eye creams: The tissues around the eyes have very few oil glands. Creams are helpful in keeping the skin lubricated as retinoids and certain serums can help thicken your collagen and tighten the skin.
- Neurotoxins: These products (think Botox/Dysport etc) minimize muscle contractions that over time create expression-related wrinkles. They’re great for improving current issues and when started early can prevent deep lines from setting into the skin too early.
- Chemical peels: Peels can be used on their own or in conjunction with topicals and fillers to refine skin quality around the eye.
- Microneedling: This treatment is an option to generate collagen growth, and elasticity which lessens the appearance of fine lines.
Dark Circles/Under-eye hollows
Lack of sleep, genetics, allergies and the natural aging process.
“Dark circles’ are actually not circles at all. The area under the eyes appears darker due to constricted blood vessels that are more obvious or from the thinning of the skin.
The “under-eye hollows” also known as a tear trough deformity, is the age-related loss of fat that can lead to a sunken appearance beneath the eyes.
- Topicals: Eye creams that help with collagen growth are an option, however used alone are usually not enough to provide a desired level of improvement.
- Fillers: Restylane and other fillers are a great option by adding subtle volume to the area and camouflaging the dark shadowing and hollow appearance. This will restore a smooth, youthful-looking transition from the eyelids to the cheeks.
- Microneedling: This is a great treatment that boosts collagen production which helps the area under the eye become full and firm. It also helps discoloration which evens skin tone.
Eye products just for you...
Circadia Full Circle Eye Repair
Day and Night formula used for areas displaying fine lines, crow’s feet, bags, puffiness, or evidence of UV damage.
Epionce Renewal Eye Cream
Renewal Eye Cream helps diminish the visible appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the delicate eye area.
Circadia Emergency Eye Lift
This crystal-clear gel instantly tightens and lifts the eye area and plumps fine lines for a more youthful look.
|View Product||View Product||View Product|